Marcia speaking LIVE
Message from Marcia:
"Over the years, many people have approached me after a keynote or at the end of my workshops and said, "I want to do what you do. I want to be a speaker." If this is your dream or you want to confidently deliver an inspiring message, read on. Whether you are a novice, intermediate, or even an advanced business presenter or professional speaker, you can benefit from this program."
During this five day program you will:
- Learn to design and deliver an inspiring message.
- Create your own authentic and confident "Presence & Persona".
- Develop a new relationship with your voice and essential skills to step into your power and build rapport.
- Practice using stories, spontaneity and humor.
- See how to market yourself to get booked.
- Learn about producing and selling Back of the Room (BOR) products — a huge income potential.
- Hear secrets, shortcuts and the mistakes to avoid, saving yourself money and cutting years off your learning curve.
The International Coach Federation (ICF) has awarded Dream University® continuing coaching education approval in the following continuing education categories:
- 4.0 hours ICF Core Competencies
- 20.0 hours Personal Development of the Coach
- 12.0 hours Development of Coaching Practice
The CCEUs can be used towards ICF certification. Please contact the ICF for more information, www.CoachFederation.org.
Marcia Wieder, CEO/Founder
Marcia is leading a Dream Movement. With over twenty years speaking experience, her inspiring message, style and wit has touched audiences from 50-5000 at companies such as AT&T, The Gap and American Express. Whether teaching at the Stanford Business School, speaking to executives in China, or addressing young women at Girl Scout Camp, her riveting style impacts the audience.
To read some of her speaker testimonials, click here.
Marcia has appeared several times on Oprah, Today, in her own PBS-TV special and has written several books which have been translated into numerous languages. As a columnist for The San Francisco Chronicle, she urged readers to take "The Great Dream Challenge."
She is a successful business woman and a masterful marketer whose events include: Dream Coach Certification, Create Your Future Now Weekends, Dream Retreat and more.
Patricia Fripp, CSP, CPAE
Meetings and Conventions magazine calls Patricia Fripp, "...one of the most electrifying speakers in North America."
Award-winning and internationally-acclaimed professional speaker Patricia Fripp... her client list includes top corporations and associations, Fortune 100 companies and associations worldwide. Her high-content, high-performance, user-friendly delivery brings unanimous raves. She has spent years training hundreds of speakers and is considered a leader in this field.
"There are three simple, but necessary, parts to every effective presentation. They are (1) the structure or framework, (2) the content or material, and (3) your delivery."
You will learn how to:
- Organize your remarks and solidify your thoughts into a structure.
- Open with impact and close each presentation on a high point.
- Connect both emotionally and intellectually with every audience.
- Adapt your message and content for each audience.
- Create perfect examples and memorable stories to illustrate your key points.
- Discover the one behavior an audience won't forgive.
- Recognize bad habits and minimize nervousness.
Arthur Joseph, MA, Founder of the Vocal Awareness InstituteArthur Joseph is a master teacher/strategist to Hollywood celebrities such as Quincy Jones, Angelina Jolie, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Pierce Brosnan, and corporate giants Disney, Ritz-Carlton Hotel, Toyota, and Universal Studios. He is the author of three books, a former University of Southern California professor, visiting artist at Yale and George Washington Universities, and is on the faculty of City of New York Graduate Extension Program. He has studied the physical, emotional and psychological aspects of the human voice for more than 40 years.
"Arthur Joseph started as a teacher of mine years ago. Over these years, he has become a good friend whose teachings of Vocal Awareness have become a constant in my life. He enlightens with compassion and understanding of the human spirit and above all else, it works." - Pierce Brosnan, Actor
"If you're searching for the power within, through Vocal Awareness, you can find the sound of your soul." - Quincy Jones, Musician, Composer, Producer
Arthur teaches, "Your voice is your identity. It can tell people everything about who you are, how you feel about yourself and what you believe in. Vocal Awareness is a complete system for mastering your voice and integrating it into your life. Your voice has the power to instantly reach out and connect with people. Vocal Awareness is about developing this power through Self-awareness--learning to consciously express your Self easily and precisely."During this program, learn to enhance your Vocal Presence:
- Identify how you want to be perceived.
- Don’t "present" who you are — "Be" who you are.
- Remember the adage, "breath is fuel". You have to breathe efficiently if you want to speak effectively.
- To find your optimal pitch level ("the hub of your voice," your core sound,) — gently descend on the sound of hmm. Where hmm ends is from where you speak.
- Sing a lot. Singing is a creative way to enhance your vocal range, power, and color.
- Realize that any professional encounter should be considered "a performance."
- Take conscious ownership of ever verbal encounter. Take your time.
- Only 8% of all verbal communication is retained by the listener’s unconscious mind through the words themselves; 37% is conveyed through the sound of the voice; 55% is body language. Think stature.
- A great deal can be learned from objective and deeper listening.
- Create rituals, a daily structure to help you achieve your desired professional and communication goals.
Jim Pelley, CSP, President, Laughterworks
A former stand-up comedian and contributing writer for the original Saturday Night Live Show, Jim Pelley has left 'em laughing for more than 20 years at over 1,841 top organizations in the U.S. and abroad, including Disney, Intel, Southwest Airlines, Mattel Toys, and AT&T. With his hilarious way of poking fun at the frustrations of everyday life, Jim demonstrates how to use humor to be more creative and less stressed.
Humor is most effective when it drives illustration and understanding. The world's best speakers and story tellers use humor to awaken imagination and paint pictures for lasting results.
From Jim's session you will:
- Recognize how to use and adapt simple everyday humor for your message.
- Learn innovative, practical skills for developing positive humor.
- Discover how the appropriate use of humor can build credibility and when humor is never acceptable.
- Use spontaneous humor from your audience to illustrate the features and benefits of your message.
- Understand the different types of humor that can change peoples' minds.
- Develop your unique story telling style to design messages that impact and last a lifetime.
Brad Stauffer, How to Make Your MarkBrad Stauffer is a passionate branding, marketing and publishing expert. In his 25-year publishing career, Brad produced thousands of publications and books, working side-by-side with award-winning editors and art directors, while managing corporate branding, audience marketing and new product development. Today, through his company On the Mark Branding, he has influenced and created branding, marketing and new products for many successful entrepreneurs and small businesses. His training system and "book in progress" is "How to Make Your Mark"â„¢
In this rich and fast-paced session, you will:
- Get clarity on what you truly want to do in business and your ideal target market
- Create and declare your authentic personal brand in 12 compelling words
- Discover keywords and write compelling phrases and titles for books, e-books, blogs and taglines
- Be able to jumpstart your publishing dream by learning the Seven Entry Points of Publishing
- Learn how to use the power of repurposing to create presentations, workshops and curriculum
- Create authentic, purposeful and impactful marketing messages that "your people" can't resist
- Understand how your own video, audio and webinar programs are within your reach
- See how the ten key "to-do's" in online marketing can immediately boost your business
- Take-away a personal marketing plan using the Four Strategies of Marketing Mastery
You will come to learn that you can truly have a meaningful business that honors your values and uses your strengths, doing what works for you! Building a business with those priorities, keeps it purposeful, profitable and fun.
Brad Stauffer is a certified coach through the Coaches Training Institute, and is a Certified Dream Coach® and Certified Dream Coach® Group Leader through Dream University®. He is co-founder of Inspired on Demand, a business development program for coaches, was co-owner and publisher of Choice Magazine, and now serves as their business coach. He has been a member of Toastmasters for seven years, is Immediate Past-President of the Western Publishing Association and a member of the International Coach Federation. Brad is an inspirational speaker and workshop leader, often presenting on personal branding, small business marketing and publishing trends.
Michael Margolis, Chief Instigator, Get Storied
Michael teaches entrepreneurs how to tell their story. His company Get Storied is a leading destination online for the business of storytelling. The son of an inventor and artist, Michael is obsessed with human development, entrepreneurship, and social media. His book Believe Me: a Storytelling Manifesto for Change-Makers and Innovators has been downloaded over 10,000 times. Past clients include Audubon, Omnicom, Marriott, NASA, and Zappos.com. Michael curates the Reinvention Summit and recently commissioned the world's first research study on "About" pages. His work and ideas have been featured in Fast Company, BrandWeek, and Storytelling Magazine. Michael is left handed, color blind, and eats more chocolate than the average human. His TV guilty pleasures include Celebrity Rehab and Millionaire Matchmaker.
Your "About" Page is the #1 page that people visit on your website. It's where people go to decide if they like you, trust you, and want to do business with you. It's also the hardest page to write. There's a lot at stake. Michael teaches how to tell the story of who you are and what you do - without the need for bragging, boasting or hiding. His system The New About Me, is a breakthrough approach to personal branding online and how to build your thought leadership platform. You'll learn a next generation perspective on how to become seen and recognized.
During this session, you'll learn to:
- Go beyond boring credentials and reveal more of your true self and character
- Implement key storytelling principles for the relationship economy
- Develop a superhero origins and explain the seeds of your natural authority
- Reconcile the different parts of your past into a coherent and memorable storyline
- Apply the Chocolate Secret - the fastest way to be endearing and approachable
- Embrace social media and your identity online through an empowered vantage point
This is an unprecedented opportunity to work with six respected masters in the speaking world. At the end of this program, you will have learned essential skills for greater competence and confidence in your speaking. Armed with these tools and more, you will be ready to deliver an inspiring message and be a more powerful communicator.
Workshop Investment: TBD
There is a $500 non-refundable deposit due now to secure spot.
.Once your deposit is paid, your credit card will be charged monthly payments. Unless otherwise requested, the amount charged is calculated by deducting the deposit and dividing the balance by the amount of remaining months prior to when the workshop begins. Workshop must be paid in full 30 days before it begins.
.*Once received or charged, payments are final and non-refundable.
Sign-up today and receive audio recordings from a previously held Inspiring Speaker workshop to help you prepare for the event. Value $500